Monday, February 29, 2016

LIZ SWINDEL ART EXHIBIT, AND OUR FAVORITE MENNONITE SAUNDERS SALADS, PIES & ICE-CREAM

This is a picture of us last Monday going to zone p-day.

We got a car wash!

This is in the basement of the Hill Cumorah Visitor Center where Sis. Stoddard and Sis. Crofts practiced for their two concerts. We have a beautiful art exhibit from Liz Swindel. They are all wonderful paintings of Christ. Each one of them has a special spirit about it. They are just my favorite, you should look up Liz Swindel. Mom you know that painting of Christ on your mirror in your room is from her. I get to look at the original all the time! Wow I just love them. On Saturday night we had a night for all the VIP (bishops and mayors..etc) to come and look at them and on Sunday night was the open house. A bunch of people came and it was fun to talk with them about the paintings and ask which one was their favorite! Sis. Crofts played her viola and Sis. Stoddard played the piano! You want to know something way cool???? Sis. Stoddard's companion is Sis. Woolf! So we got to be companions and take people on tours together!!!!  


This is Sis. Crofts and I helping our dear Sis. Gahn!!! We put together her TV thing!! It made me think of me and my daddy making all sorts of things!

You can kinda see in the left-hand corner a Mennonite woman with a bonnet on!

This is our very favorite place to go!!! Sauders!!! It is a Mennonite (Amish kind of people) store! It is huge and has delicious locally grown stuff!!! We love their salads, pies, and ice cream!!! Yummy! We go here often! This was us just before we came to email!!!

I need to take more pictures of the landscape because it is beautiful! I never have time to take out my camera and take pictures!!! We have wonderful lakes next to us that are breathtaking! Some are so big that I pretend it is the ocean! haha, I will never get tired of the beautiful 1800's houses here! They all are so spectacular! There is this one corner in Palmyra with 4 beautiful Churches on each corner!! :) I need to take a picture of it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment